<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1224531086108277584?origin\x3dhttp://supersnailrox.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
basically.


x Kathyn. aka Kat
x 16 years young
x aussie


a little more.

x leavers Oh.Nine.
x under the name of "supersnail".
x ..music.. addict.
x i talk to myself in italian (which is cool).
x learning to drive.
x speaking my mind occurs often. usually in the form of this blog.
x big blusher.
x me and my over-active imagination.
x loves food.
x and photography.
x band geek with my cool sax.
x incredibly gullable and naive.
x number plates interest me.
x books have overtaken my room.
x romantic in both meanings of the word.
wish list.

x a LBD
x new pair of shorts
x a car



reading.


Pride & Prejudice -- Jane Austen



The Definitve Book of Body Language -- Allan and Barbara Pease


history.

May 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009


credits.

Designer
Image

Growing Up

Sunday, 11 January 2009

Growing up and growing older is a fact of life. And a particularly important concept when you, like my friends and I, reach the point in our lives where we are between children and adults. But as a matter of fact, there is no point. You don't suddenly wake up oneday and realise that you're suddenly an adult, it takes a lot of time and a lot of change.

Legally, 18 is the age that we become adults, but in reality, it happens at all different ages. Some mature earlier, others may take longer. And for some, you may never grow old.

Some my age want to grow up too soon. They are too keen on becoming adults. You should get what I mean.

But on the other hand, you get people who don't want to grow up. Some who'd prefer to stay stuck at this age forever.

I, for one, am I teenager of both. Sure, I'd like to grow up. Legally be able to go out partying (sensibly, of course!). Be able to enter into a mature relationship. Start earning real money. Etc. But at the same time, I wish I could stay frozen at this age. It means school. And my friends. It means not really having to deal with life. It means having things good and stable. It means not having to deal with the consequenses of my actions. It means I can sleep easy with a roof above my head and food on the table 3 times a day plus snacks whenever I feel like it.

7:47 pm