<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1224531086108277584?origin\x3dhttp://supersnailrox.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
basically.


x Kathyn. aka Kat
x 16 years young
x aussie


a little more.

x leavers Oh.Nine.
x under the name of "supersnail".
x ..music.. addict.
x i talk to myself in italian (which is cool).
x learning to drive.
x speaking my mind occurs often. usually in the form of this blog.
x big blusher.
x me and my over-active imagination.
x loves food.
x and photography.
x band geek with my cool sax.
x incredibly gullable and naive.
x number plates interest me.
x books have overtaken my room.
x romantic in both meanings of the word.
wish list.

x a LBD
x new pair of shorts
x a car



reading.


Pride & Prejudice -- Jane Austen



The Definitve Book of Body Language -- Allan and Barbara Pease


history.

May 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009


credits.

Designer
Image

The Great Romance

Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Thank Elyon!

I know that statement will mean absolutely nothing to you unless you have read The Circle Trilogy (Red, Black and White) by Ted Dekker. But it really has no relavence to what I'm about to write. I just thought I'd throw it in to mix things up.

I was recently reminded of what Mr Herbert said to his year 10 Science class in 2007 about why we humans reproduce. After an hour of listening to his theories, we concluded that essentially, humans reproduce because of our desire to continue life and make little carbon copies of ourselves. Makes sense. Many would say something different all together, but this is science and quite frankly, I'm more likely to believe facts and data over what we don't actually know exists, ie. God. (Note to readers: Elyon is actually God, just different, because he was actually Justin, then died and came back alive and what not. I know this sounds a lot like Christian beliefs, but trust me, it's slightly different. However readers should note that Ted Dekker is a Christian Science Fiction writer). Anyway, that's not what I'm writing about today. To follow on from Herbert's thesis about why humans reproduce, I would like to offer my own conclusion as to why humans enter into relationships today.

I believe it comes back down to our desire to be wanted and feel accepted. I mean, did cavemen and -woman really date? Did they have such things as dating web-rocks where single cavepeople find and make cavebabies to continue and evolve to the modern day man and woman. Did they hold massive wedding to vow their love for each other, which they already knew about? Did they take long walks down past the dinosaur bones and hold hands? How about blind dates down at the bedrock cafe? I really highly doubt it. Which tends to suggest that there was a reason why our cavepeople reproduced and created the modern day "love". We know for life and wildlife that the herd is only as fast as their slowest member. So what if the same applied to cavepeople groupings, if a woman or man couldn't continue on to the next generation, maybe they were shunned from the tribe? So this has just continued into 2009 where we humans associate happiness with love and saddness with lonelyness. Think about it, we stereotype single middle-aged people as being sad and lonely just because they haven't settled down with a family by that stage. Think about how many books revolve around a 35 year-old man/female in dsperate searc for love because they are still yet to fullfill a typical life dream of falling in love and starting a family. And research shows the same too. Depression is higher in single people. The life expectancy is lower. And these people generally have lower quality of life.

Realistically, we'd all like to think that some day we'll fall in love with our own Prince/Princess Charming, but that's not likely to happen. People spend their whole lives looking for "the one" and never find them, then end up miserable. But that's life. There will always be dissapointments and the like.

Moral of the story: Love is good and hard to come by, so if you find it, hold on to it and never let go.

3:53 pm