2008
Wednesday, 31 December 2008
2008 has taught me a lot. I have learnt that making the same mistakes over and over again will not yield different results. I have learnt that there is no right and wrong or good and bad in the world: just decisions made and how people respond to them as a result of their values. This year has taught me how much of a romantic I am. It has taught me to accept life, the way it is, for it's not always going to be fantastic and I sure know that it doesn't usually work out the way you plan. I have learnt that things happen, people make mistakes, sometimes they don't recover from them, but life goes on. I have learnt that the Italian Postal service is screwed. I have learnt that it is very difficult to change your actions and behaviours, but that's just the way we are. I have learnt that you can have good days and bad days, all in the same day. I have been taught that my friends are usually always right; it is I that doesn't see the clear and full picture. But I have also learnt that no friendship if perfect and no friendship group is perfect: in summary... life isn't perfect. I learnt that there is no way of knowing what the best move in a particular situation is, but we adapt to the decisions (whether good or bad) we make. I have learnt that my life hasn't actually begun yet, my golden years are still to come! I have been taught not to give the most power to someone who can hurt you, than to those who love you... I just need to learn to put this into action. I have grown a lot this year (emotionally not physically) and I'm not too sure if I like the way that certain aspects of my life have turned out, but I'm sure glad that some things are the way they are and that my friends and family are always there and will always be there for me.
3:06 pm