<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1224531086108277584?origin\x3dhttp://supersnailrox.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
basically.


x Kathyn. aka Kat
x 16 years young
x aussie


a little more.

x leavers Oh.Nine.
x under the name of "supersnail".
x ..music.. addict.
x i talk to myself in italian (which is cool).
x learning to drive.
x speaking my mind occurs often. usually in the form of this blog.
x big blusher.
x me and my over-active imagination.
x loves food.
x and photography.
x band geek with my cool sax.
x incredibly gullable and naive.
x number plates interest me.
x books have overtaken my room.
x romantic in both meanings of the word.
wish list.

x a LBD
x new pair of shorts
x a car



reading.


Pride & Prejudice -- Jane Austen



The Definitve Book of Body Language -- Allan and Barbara Pease


history.

May 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009


credits.

Designer
Image

A Question

Saturday, 4 October 2008

Jesse asked an interesting question last night. And it got me thinking, although I was thinking about it before he asked.

"Why do people listen to depressing music when they're depressed?"

And I have no answer. I just know it's true. Bec agreed with me. She said maybe it was because you could connect to the music. And now I'll offer my own opinion. From the inspiring movie The History Boys, you'll find a scene that goes along the lines of:

"The best moments in reading are when you come across something, a thought
a feeling, a way of looking at things that you'd thought special, particular to
you, and here it is, set down by someone else, a person you've never met, maybe
even someone long dead, and it's as if a hand has come out and taken
yours"

The same surely applies to our music taste. Can you see someone who is about to jump off a cliff listening to Mika's Grace Kelly?? No, not at all.

And then you can examine my own playlist at the moment. For a couple of days now, I've been listening to the following song:

Better That We Break -- Maroon 5
Dakota -- The Stereophonics
The Hill -- Marketa Irglova
Lost Without You -- Delta Goodrem
Why Does it Always Rain on Me? -- Travis
7 Things -- Miley Cyrus

At first it may appear like perfectly normal songs to be listening to. I love Maroon 5, Marketa Irglova plays a beautiful role in the movie Once and Miley Cyrus is considered "popular" at the moment. So sure, a perfectly balanced selection.

Then it gets interesting. Look at the lyrics for each song and you would get a fair idea of how I've been feeling.

Better That We Break: "I heard you speak and now it kills me, just to hear you say the simple things."
Dakota: "I wonder if we'll meet again and talk about life since then, talk about why did it end"
The Hill: "I know that in the morning, I have to let you go, and you'll be just a man, once I used to know"
Lost Without You: "How am I going to be strong without you I need you by my side"
Why Does it Always Rain on Me?: "Oh, where did the blue skies go? And why is it raining so? Its so cold"
7 Things: "The 7 things I hate about you oh you, You're vain, your games, you're insecure .... You make me laugh, you make me cry ...And the 7th thing I hate the most that you do, You make me love you"

Now you see? Music could be a dead give away to how I've been feeling. And I know this theory works. Not only did Bec second my motion, but I've seen it in action too. A friend of mine, who I don't seen very much, I happen to notice what songs they'd been lstening to. Wanting to test my new theory, I checked the lyrics of those songs too. And what do you know! my friend has been listening to music which kind of simulate the mood I've been in. Although I haven't had to oppotunity to fully test my theory, can't you tell it's true?

P.S. This morning I'm listening to a wide range of music because my ipods on shuffle. Go figure that one out.

9:29 am