World Domination
Sunday, 13 July 2008
MISSION: Total World Domination
STATUS: Failed
Yeah.... about that.
My perfect, fool-proof plan to surprise Ryan had failed. Bummer. I'd hate to talk about our secret mission in such a way, but we all learn from our mistakes, right? So here goes...
The night started with Jesse's mum driving us to Whitfords for out 7.20 screening of Hancock. The car ride was funny. Jesse was being Jesse. Then we got there. I couldn't stop twitching. It was like he knew I was there. Had I given away our plot too much? Did he know what I was doing? All these questions running through my mind. We got McDonalds for dinner and sat waiting for the others to show (thanks to my brilliant planning, I had allowed about 30mins before the movie started for arrival!) And so we waiting. Eventually my nervousness grew too much and I sent him a message -- to ensure my plan would work. "Are you on break? I'm bored". I wasn't lying exactly. I was asking if he was on break. And I was slightly bored too as we waited. No reply. Except ever time Jess sent me a message saing sheas running late, I would panic in case it was him. But it wasn't.
Eventually Jess showed up. We waiting around talking a bit before deciding to take a bold move to purchase our tickets (Lloyd still hadn't showed by this stage). So we snuck up the escalators to get our tickets -- Jesse and I doing our best James Bond impersonations!
THEN! We spotted Ryan across the room! *
GASP* He looked our way! My plan was ruined! Once we had our tickets in our hands, we literally
FLEW down the stairs to ait for Lloyd.
THEN! All of a sudden...
RYAN COMES DOWN THE STAIRS!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At that exact moment, my plan was ruined for real. Man that was a
heart-wrenching moment. Why, oh WHY, couldn't he have waited another 5 mins to take his break!?!?!? *sigh* (turns out he actually hadn't seen up before, it was just Jesse and I being paranoid) Then Lloyd shows up and we are forced to get our tickets ripped by some
OTHER guy! Pfft... not nearly as cool!
Two hours later, the movie finished. Wasn't even that fantastic. Like it was alright, but meh! I dunno. Maybe my mind was just distracted...
We saw him on the way out too.
Disapointment is washing over me. I was really looking forward to surprising him.
Oh well... there is always next time!
11:48 am